Fabrication of all types of custom electric signs, including pylons, monuments, cabinets, push thru, reverse channel letters, interior and exterior signs.
Efficiently fabricate custom electric signs that meet or exceed Sign Pro quality standards and timelines.
- Meet with project manager to review project details
- Read and follow drawings, build sheet, materials lists
- Fabricate the sign structure using specified material (steel or aluminum) to provided specs, using various saws, iron workers, mig welders, drills, grinders, etc.
- fabricate and attach sheet metal skin using CNC routed parts, sheet metal stock by cutting and forming using a Turbo Bend Plus, hydraulic shear, various saws, grinders and tools
- Prepare sign for paint using fillers, sanders and cleaners
- Paint sign parts using a Matthews Paint System, LPHV paint gun, paint booth
- Wire the sign according to the called out specs using various lighting methods, typically LEDs, but occasionally neon, following the UL requirements
- Perform final assembly of sign
Must perform the responsibilities safely and efficiently. Must keep your area organized and clean. Must perform routine maintenance on equipment. Must work well with coworkers.
Minimum of 2 years of welding and fabrication, skills and experience includes:
- MIG welding
- Sheet metal breaks & shears
- Iron worker
- Sheetmetal tools
- Metalworking tools, saws, various hand tools
- good communication skills
- simple math
- basic electrical knowledge